Effective speaking is an important communication skill to influence your audience. Please read my earlier blogs, “Ten Secrets of really great speaker that you can instantly start using” and also “Six Public Speaking Tips you need to learn now”.
Here is given a list of eighteen “DO’S” for an effective speaking
- Get yourself properly dressed
- Dress as the group does
- Look like an expert
- Get your back to wall or curtain
- Be yourself
- Prepare your talk point-wise
- Have a pleasant facial expression. Smile.
- Talk louder to make sure you are audible. Project your voice.
- Keep eye contact
- Face the audience
- Maintain an appropriate standing posture
- Stand still
- Stand erect
- Stand slightly on your toes
- Lean forward a bit
12. Leave your spectacles on or off – but don't keep fidgeting with them
13. Use a variety of gestures
14. Tell them what you are going to tell them
15. Then tell them
16. Also end by telling them, what you have just told them
17. Get a good ending and leave them with an impact
18. Finish before you are expected to
For more tips on soft skills, you may contact Ripples Learning in Bangalore.